The Sound of Music and other nonsense #MFRWauthor

badge-blog-challengeI’m participating in the MFRW 52 week blogging challenge during 2017! Each week I will write a post from a set list of topics that with luck will a) get me blogging more often and b) help you get to know me better.

This week’s theme is: A Few of my Favorite Things.

1. TripleM
Have you ever rediscovered an old love you’d forgotten all about? When I was a teenager I used to move my portable radio into the back of the house to listen to a Sydney radio station before school and late at night. Triple M was almost a religious experience for me. Classic Rock, irreverent breakfast DJ’s. In the 20 years since, I wandered away from them due to poor house location for a decent radio signal but no more. Last month I found out they have an iPhone app and its my favorite thing at the moment! I’m in heaven. Classic rock rocks my world once again!
2. Writing themes
I’ve noticed a tendency to write a lot of second chance love stories and if I look over my keeper shelves, I tend to read them a lot too. Its not intentional, its what comes out and what I’m drawn to as a reader. I imagine other people are much the same.
3. Experimental Cookery
When I’m in the kitchen I’m a cook not a chef. I don’t tend to follow recipes to the letter and thankfully no one has died yet (or even barfed). Very few of my successful experiments are written down completely. I should probably get to that one of these days before my memory goes.

Oh, and yes. The Sound of Music is one of my fav movies too!

This is a blog hop

Click here to view this Linky Tools list of participants…

Comments

swishy2

9 Responses to The Sound of Music and other nonsense #MFRWauthor

1. Adriana Kraft January 7, 2017 at 12:52 am #

Classic rock, creative cookery, The Sound of Music – what’s not to like!

2. aylaruse January 7, 2017 at 7:36 am #

Thank you! You made me smile and remember my teenage days when I used to do the same thing: move the portable radio around the house to be able to get the station signal I wanted. Oh, and dealing with that whacky if-you-touch-the-dial-you-can-hear-the-station-but-if-you-step-away-it-goes-away. LOL

• Heather Boyd January 7, 2017 at 5:43 pm #

I actually still have that radio. The tuning dial is fine but the volume dial is on the fritz. I have to be very careful not to bump or I get static.

3. alinakfield January 7, 2017 at 8:43 am #

I love experimental cookery also! If a dish has the ingredients I love most, I’m usually happy.

• Heather Boyd January 7, 2017 at 5:45 pm #

I’m always trying to figure out how to get removed the unwanted ingredients and not lose the flavor entirely. Some recipes are just too complicated for my taste.

4. RobinMichaela January 7, 2017 at 11:24 am #

Wow, I remember that type of scratchy radio signal from my teen years! You had to be dialed EXACTLY on the station or you missed it entirely. Re: cooking – I’ve always been envious of inventive people who can throw a little bit of this and that together and make a yummy meal. I am strictly a follower of recipes.

• Heather Boyd January 7, 2017 at 5:47 pm #

Now I think about it further, I think there was a local station really close to the spot for the Sydney station. 104.9 next to 105.3 Not a lot of wiggle room on the old dial. I had to be very precise. 🙂

5. Diane Burton January 9, 2017 at 6:59 am #

My fav things, too, Heather. Station 6 (that’s probably not what’s it’s really called) on Sirius radio is my favorite. We only get Sirius when we get a new car. It’s that free trial thing. I’m sirius-ly thinking about extending it. 🙂

6. chautonahavig January 9, 2017 at 7:15 pm #

When I was 14, we lived in the middle of nowhere. Our water was brought in by a big truck, no TV reception, and we hated modern music, so we listened to this old time radio station. They played the old radio dramas: Palladin, Have Gun Will Travel, Fibber McGee and Molly, Henry Ulrich… and the talk radio with Bruce Williams and Sally Jesse Raphael.

Loved those days!

Don't be shy leave a reply